My Family

My Family

Friday, May 4, 2012

IT'S FRIDAY!!

So it's Friday, and you know what that means...Its been exactly one week since my surgery and I weigh myself every morning on my home scale but that is just to see if it is working!! LOL  I go Tuesday to my two week check up and that will be my official weight since post op.  And it will tell me how much I have lost since October because that is where I first weighed in since I started my journey.  Scared is the word because I know this is not a miracle surgery, but I also know this was what I needed to be healthy and live a longer life GOD willing.  With the Lap Band for all those who don't know what it is let me explain.... It is a band that goes around your stomach to make a smaller pouch.  Versus the Gastric Bypass the lap band is completely reversible, women can keep it if they want to get pregnant, and there is on cutting and removing of the intestine or stomach.  Now you have to discipline yourself to eat right and exercise because if you don't you can still gain weight and even become bigger than before pre op.  I know many of you hear Gastric Band but that is the technical name it is more known as the Lap Band.  Maybe I should have explained this in the very beginning of my blog so my readers would understand my terms and surgery while reading.  LOL   

2 comments:

  1. Is this a band you can adjust or does it have to be done by a doctor????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a band that has to be monitored by a doctor.

      Delete